|In PB5 a new attribute of the non visual object was added called
Auto-instanciate. This new feature allows you to declare a variable of the type with
autoinstantiate set to TRUE and the first time you use the object PB automatically
instantiate it for you and destroys it when it goes out of scope.
Here are a few things
to remember about autoinstantiate:
- Assignment into an auto-instanciate variable must be for an object of the identical
- Assignment into a non-auto-instanciate ancestor (or ANY) causes a duplicate object to be
- Auto instanciate is set at development time and cannot be altered at runtime.
- Auto instanciate comparison does a member be member comparison not a handle compare.
- Auto instanciate does a deep copy not a reference copy as a non auto instanciate would